Sunday, February 10, 2019

Welcome to Vegas, Baby (w/ The Gardner Family)

Life with teens requires balance...

school
sports
socialization
studies

the cherishing of childhood
the preparation for adulthood

It's a fun time...

(and a busy one)
as sometimes

we hustle
we grind
we work

and play

(all on the same day)

Check out how...

our son's football combine
doubled as family time!
________________________

"The Family with Teens"


Planning a road trip?

Los Angeles to Las Vegas
(approx. 270 miles)

Wake early to get on the road before sunrise.

You'll be glad to miss the morning work traffic,
and by the time the sun rises...


Welcome to Vegas, Baby!


Arriving early
allows time to...

settle in
sight see
 hang out

before the real work begins

Games

not pictured:
glow-in-the-dark miniature golf
rock climbing, and go-kart racing

I lost those too,
but who's keeping score?

Sight Seeing

"Life is like a jail with an unlocked, heavy door. 
You're free the minute you realize the door
will open if you simply lean into it"

-Scott Adams

Welcome to Media Night...

The kid is ready to work... 

Day 1

Vegas at Night
One quick round to
decompress for the day

Day 2

Grab your "bleacher buddy"
and soak up some sun

All done and getting iced for the ride home

Leaving Vegas
hearts full and grateful
for...

safe travel, family time, 
and church on the road!

(find more Family Adventures here)

4 comments:

  1. Such sweet memories. My girls are now grown 24,22 and 18 and silly as it seems I miss the old days of traveling with little ones.

    "Dad I have to go potty"
    "Why didn't you go before we left"
    "I didn't have to go then"
    "Are we there yet"
    "Mom I think someone needs her diaper changed"
    "Don't make me pull this car over!"

    My girls also would get car sick so we always had an ice cream with a trash bag in the back of the car.
    Treasure those moments because all too soon they will be all "growed" up, married and have a family of their own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Regina, sweet memories!!!!! Sounds like some familiar conversation exchanges... whew, those days! Makes me smile... makes me cry... makes me thank God for His continued love and grace through it all.

      Delete
    2. Amen. God is good. I realized I made a typo in my comment. That should have said ice cream bucket with a trash bag inside.

      Delete
    3. Funny thing... I knew exactly what you meant!!

      Delete