Saturday, March 9, 2019

You Won't Have To Search Very Far (100 Days of Grace)

It's Five Minute Friday and his room
looked like a tornado had passed through...

as I stood in his doorway

unwilling and
afraid to enter

I asked...

"Is this the way you want to live your life?"

and he smiled
and shrugged

(because he is 16)

so I left his room and went to mine

The following morning

as I stood in the hallway
just outside of his room

I heard a muffled "Mom, open my door"

so I pushed in the door
and the room was miraculously clean

and I smiled
and hugged

(because I am 42)

and I've learned that
when you're looking for a reason

to

show grace
see grace
be grace

you won't ever have to search very far, but
you'll continue to find more and more of it

each time

How does grace show up in your life?
Day 1-5
One Hundred Days of Grace

@tondra_denise
#onehundreddaysofgrace

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful display of grace. You're a good mom.
    Blessings ~ Wendy Mac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are instructions for living, encouraging me to look for reasons "to show grace, see grace, be grace." Thank you. Visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great illustration of grace. Grace is truly a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's lovely Tondra - so succinctly put. I have lived that scene (well, the first half!) so many times with my sons. But our response was to sort their rooms together as they found it overwhelming. One's moved out and the other's a student - so still going through it. I still need more grace...

    ReplyDelete