Monday, June 22, 2020

Vacation Rewind... Vancouver 2015

Sometimes a look back is just what you
need to help put things into perspective...

------------------------------
"The Family w/ Teens"

Los Angeles to Vancouver, British Columbia
(approx. 1,080 miles)



"When I look around and see
what the Lord has done for me"

When we traveled to Canada for our annual family vacation
in 2015, the first (and only) thing the kids wanted to do was...

(you already know)

hit the pool!

And although...

we found the weather significantly 
cooler than our lovely Southern CA temps,
did they seem to care even one tiny bit? 

Nope. 
They wanted swimming.

morning
night
noon

But of course we had other plans...

because you don't spend $$$$ on

passports
parking

and

plane tickets

to stay in the hotel pool all day

No, you don't

You go to experience...

Victoria Island
The Butchart Gardens
(Peak to Peak) at Whistler
Granville Island
Stanley Park
Gastown

and the

Capilano Suspension Bridge
(reopened June 19)


www.capbridge.com

Gastown

The Butchart Gardens
 

So here's to...

family
fun
childhood

(and a vacation rewind)

because

the greatest lesson from my children
during our family vacation was that 

when you're done graciously

doing...
seeing...
experiencing...

"the necessary"

you should

always
always
always

find time to go back... 

to do
what you really love!

Edited to add:
Please exercise wisdom
and caution as you go

(find more Family Adventures here)

5 comments:

  1. Hey Tondra ... your kids have got ENERGY, girl! And I am off to camp with my whole gang {all 12 of us!} for a week.

    Maybe I'll take some of your gang's energy with me ...

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa Linda, 12? Well my prayers are definitely with you that you'll have an amazing experience

      Delete
  2. I'm always amazed at how little it actually takes to make the kids happy. I asked them the other day "what should we do today?" to kind of throw the doors wide open and maybe plan something fun and they were all like "There's this really good book I want to read" and "I want to color a picture of a dog." Like that's it, mom, no big outing. We just want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids truly are simple creatures.

    Your pictures of the garden are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like an awesome trip. I live 60 miles south of Vancouver and I haven't gotten to do half of those things. I hope you all got to practice your "Eh" too.

    ReplyDelete