Friday, October 9, 2020

Grab and Go... Latin-American Handheld Snacks

 It's the weekend
and you're hungry

so...

WASH your HANDS
Grab a napkin

and prepare 
to get your grub on!
------------------------------------

The only problem will be 
deciding what to eat first...


Empanadas

(fried or baked)

handheld pies traditionally filled
with spiced meat and vegetables 


and the debate is real...

Argentina?
Portugal?
Chile?

this post warranted a Mexico/
Central America/ South American

"Taste Tour"

 (but we'll have to settle for) 

a search of 

the BEST empanadas
here in Southern CA

to be continued...
-------------------------------------

Pupusas

*pronounced*
(puh-poo-suhs)

My friend Jasmin introduced me to these
at her Christmas Party about 6 years ago


(dough filled with beans, cheese, and pork)

that were so good, I called her two years later to ask 
where I could get some for an event that I was planning

she sent me here...



El Guanaquito
Pupuseria and Restaurant 

located in a neighborhood 
(that gives and needs love)

so, if you're in the L.A area
stop by and show them some!!

(find more Family Adventures here)

No comments:

Post a Comment