Friday, November 27, 2020

Three Things For Your (Solo) Autumn Picnic

 I am grateful for 
the lessons in this season...

new opportunities to

learn
grow
heal

by

slowing down
being mindful
being present

and

taking in the beauty 

of where I am
(while I am there)


And no matter how mindful I feel I am becoming, 
I am constantly reminded of how much I still miss...


because although I've passed this way many times
it was not until more recently that I discovered

a resting place that I had never noticed

    

so...

I've slowed down
considerably

(again)

grateful

to just sit
and sip

my warm morning beverage

      

I found joy in the simple packing
of only three things...

-a Blanket
-a Beverage
-a Book



What's in your Autumn
picnic basket?

(sharing here today)

5 comments:

  1. Visiting as your FMF neighbor. I liked the imagery of constant gratefulness.Memories are treasures from God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found in gratitude a sustenance...

    Best enjoy the place you are
    while you are still there;
    treasure every falling star,
    and the clear night air,
    for one day you may be taken
    from this, against your will,
    and though you shall not be forsaken,
    God's love may seem quite still
    and distant as the fading hills
    far on the desert plain
    where the pastel air now chills
    before the coming rain.
    Be grateful, friend, for today
    that it sustains you, come what may.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the simple moments to sit and soak in the peace of it all. definitely a gift to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. Your lessons of the season is so beautifully spoken. Thank you so much for sharing.
    Visit from FMF#13

    ReplyDelete