Thursday, September 12, 2013

These Hands

These hands belong to a girl
who likes to paint her fingernails...


one day while watching me clean
she asked,

"What are you about
to do now mommy?"

my inner Martha answering
(without even turning to look)

finish dinner, wash the dishes, and 
fold the laundry that's on the bed

moments later she returned and said,

"All finished, come see"

so, I followed her 
to find...

small piles of

freshly
laundered
clothes

(neatly folded neatly on the bed)

She said...

"I folded the towels too, and put them away. 
Now after dinner, you can sit down with me."

and I marvel at how this nine-year old child
is already learning to balance her inner Mary/Martha


because...

These hands belong to a girl
who likes to paint fingernails

(and help fold laundry)

So, my prayer is that
God continuously

blesses...
anoints...

(and always)

holds...

these hands

No comments:

Post a Comment