Friday, June 17, 2016

Five Minute Friday- How to Win... and Never Lose

I have a picture with

my son...
playing in a basketball game

my daughter...
cheering in the game

my hubby...
recording the game


and perhaps what I love most

is that I was able to capture
this moment with the three of them

showing how we each

operate
function
work together

(and separately)

showing how
that although we are

a unit
a team
a unified force

we function independently
each with varying roles

because...

sometimes we're in the game
sometimes we coach the game

and sometimes we stand along side and cheer

But life has a way of...

distracting us
pulling us aside
drawing us out of character

(and forcing Game 7)

so we must each remember

who we are
whose we are

and our purpose
in the game

because it is then and only then when we will win...
and never lose

8 comments:

  1. A very timely reminder! I had to laugh at 'and forcing game 7' as I realized you live in the San Francisco are. Go Golden State Warriors! So thoughtful that I am a child of God. I am right before you in our Five Minute Friday link up today but wanted to read your post after reading the title. Glad I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, I was wondering if anyone would follow my "forcing Game 7" comment! Thanks for noticing... and thanks for stopping by today.

      Delete
  2. Ha ha ha (forcing Game 7)! Oh Tondra, I love that little aside in your post!
    And the idea of your entire family being there in the game, what a precious memory! :)
    Thanks for sharing your poetry as always!
    Love,
    Tammy
    (#45)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy! I uploaded the photo as well!

      Delete
  3. Love this- we all have a different role when it comes to the game. Stopping over from FMF. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosanne... I'll be sure to stop by later to read your take on today's prompt.

      Delete