Thursday, August 9, 2012

Having Eyes That See

One day during my personal Bible study time I stumbled upon Mark 8
and began reading the account of Jesus with His disciples and the multitude

I became especially intrigued when I reached the 18th verse which reads...

"Having eyes, see ye not? 
And having ears, hear ye not? 
And do ye not remember? 

When I broke the five loaves among five thousand,
how many baskets full of fragments took ye up?"

I went back to Mark 6 to read the entire account referenced there

As I read, I began to reflect on all of the miracles that are recorded in the Bible.  Then I started to reflect on all of the miracles I have seen in my own life.  I began to wonder why it seemed so easy for the disciples and multitudes to quickly forget the miracles they witnessed Jesus perform.  I began to wonder what it is that causes us to do the same thing today.

What is that? 
Why do we need constant reassurance? 
Consistent reminders? 

Why do we have eyes that do not see?

So I began writing...

"Having Eyes That See" 
(a testimony journal I have since decided to share with others)

as an invitation 
to

slow down
listen
take the time

to embark on the journey to develop eyes that see!

Now let me ask you...
How many baskets full of fragments have you taken up lately?


_____________________________


"Having Eyes That See"
Life Lessons That Brought Me Closer to God


click the links to read the lessons

Lesson 1
"You Are My Child"

Lesson 2
"I Love You"

No comments:

Post a Comment