Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Mary... or a Martha

Martha was busy

serving
cleaning
taking care of business

while her sister Mary sat

listening
learning
resting

at the feet of Jesus

It appeared that Mary was leaving Martha to do all of the work but Jesus saw it differently...

And I did too...
as I was looking through our recent vacation photographs





























My inner Mary/Martha showed up

right here
right there

in Palm Beach, Florida
as I paused to collect photographs of the beautiful sights

and as sights of

the sand and
the sea

were captured

I missed being in that moment with the child in the shadows watching me

What scares me is that I didn't even see her until today

and now...

I realize that being a Mary or a Martha is not just 

an attitude
a position
a state of mind,

it's a daily choice

So each day I have to remind myself that someone is watching me become...

a Mary or a Martha

(can you see her?)

1 comment:

  1. Girl this brought tears to my eyes.....I see her and that is also a reflection of my 14 year old son!...I'm making a choice today.....Thanks,

    ReplyDelete