Monday, September 1, 2014

Life Under Construction

Life is filled with so many

twists and turns
obstacles
challenges

which sometimes lead to questions

Lord, am I handling this right?
Lord, am I in Your will?
Lord, am I missing something?

and finally the request...

Lord, please show me


Last month I started a new job
the gas company started a major overhaul project in my neighborhood
and the gated community where my folks live were repaving the side gate

which means that I was surrounded by change!

After my second week of frustration
I realized that there was no way for me to escape the construction

so I surrendered...

And just as things seemed to be settling down
our living room ceiling caved in...

That night the hubby and I packed up the kids and headed to the hotel
which we will call home for the next few

days
weeks
months

and as we pulled into the driveway

we were greeted by a hotel which was also currently... under construction!

And right there in

big
bold
letters

that I couldn't miss...

were my initials


reminding me to just

sit still
and wait
in compliance

because there is

no where
no place
no way

to escape...

His construction

Ever feel your life is under construction
Just. Be. Still.

(click to see the walls back up)

No comments:

Post a Comment