Monday, January 23, 2023

How Honoring Your Rhythm Supports Wellness

Everyone has a personal rhythm...

but for YEARS

I wrestled with that reality
as life has a way of 

constantly
consistently
conditioning

us to align ourselves to the
personal rhythm of others

fast
hurried
busy

But I am learning that you cannot thrive
when you are operating outside of the way
that God designed for YOU to operate

We are different for a reason.

Read that again.

We are different for a reason.

I read. I teach. I sing.

because those are the ways in which
God chooses to use me

AND...

my personal rhythm demands 
that I do those things in a slower 
more intentional kind of way.

I need time to process at my own pace

AND...

when I dishonor that

I dishonor myself. I dishonor you. I dishonor God.

Read that again.

We are different for a reason.

One plants. One waters. God gives the increase.

So instead of getting pulled out of your personal rhythm...

Honor it. Note it. Celebrate it.

And create a list of affirmatives
to support you as needed.  


Here are mine.

I am intentional with the time and resources God provides
I am in tune with my Spiritual gifts
I am where God has placed me for this moment
I follow the leading of the Holy Spirit
My ear is attuned for guidance
My heart is open to correction
I am willing to learn and grow
I am complete and at peace with God here in this moment
I will not allow myself to be pulled out of my personal rhythm
I will not be rushed by fear, threat, or anxiety
I will communicate my boundaries calmly and clearly
I will leave space for grace
I am intentional with the time and resources God provides

-----------------------------

The Cost of Interrupted Work

UC Irvine's empirical study showed 
it can take over 20 minutes to
recalibrate after an interruption

read THAT again...

then give yourself permission

to say no, 
to go slow, 
to honor 

your personal rhythm

in support 
of your personal wellness

(click here to follow our Wellness series)

No comments:

Post a Comment