Monday, October 1, 2018

Five Minute Friday- This is My Story

Yes (the font is wonky)
No (I'm not going to fix it)
--------------------------------

This is my story...

sometimes you are born into a home
sometimes you stumble into one


before this school year began
my incoming HS Freshman

made the Freshman Volleyball team

and

I was relieved
that she had found a home

a few weeks later
we arrived at the regional tournament excited

quickly pulled into a parking space
and began unloading the car when

I saw it...

one hundred days of grace

and heard...

what will you do with
the next one hundred? 

Sometimes it's more than just a parking spot...


I snapped this photo and when later I counted ahead
and found that Day 100 marked the new year

I felt a renewed sense of purpose

and THEN...




when I saw the invitation for this year's 
31 Days of 5 min free writing challenge

Grace Showed Up

and I was excited to have
(again) found a home!

And I am grateful for this
amazing writing community

because

sometimes you are born into a home
sometimes you stumble into one

and my prayer is that we never grow weary

of telling
of sharing

His Story of Grace

this...

is my story

2 comments:

  1. I can sense your joy and hope in the words you write, Tondra. God's message of Grace is one the world desperately needs to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki. My prayer is that God continue to grant us the grace to effectively share His message.

      Delete