Tuesday, October 16, 2018

VolleyBall Lessons: The Power of the Double Block

I got chills when I saw them play together...

my girls

sisters
unified

fighting together

for

a common goal
a victory
a win


Then when they did the "double block"
I almost lost it

hands up
jump up
eyes focused

and

WHAM!

a block that

sent the ball careening back over the net
hitting the floor on the side of the opposing team

to

score
another point

I turned to their mom and said

"it's like having a good prayer partner"

because

when life keeps throwing stuff your way

it's good to have
a sister who

steps up
steps beside

to help you block what the enemy is trying to send your way

hands up
jump up
eyes focused

as we

stand together
pray together
fight together

in unity

No comments:

Post a Comment