Monday, February 17, 2014

"APFLH" Children's Art Studio- The Art of Love

My children were excited when I told them we were hosting a special
Valentine's Crafts and Kid's Movie Night



We moved the couches, brought in the tables and chairs from the
Children's Art Studio, and provided everyone with materials
to create cards and crafts to share with the people they love... 

Heart Art 


We watched a movie about believing in the impossible
and just as the movie was ending

my mother called to inform me that my younger cousin was visiting from Texas,
and my aunt was on her way to my house so that she could say "hello"

As I waited for them, I began to think about...

my cousins
my family
my children

and all of the moments we have shared in this house

I remembered that
she was actually one of my first "child care students"
 

when I babysat her and her older sisters the summer of 1990

and NOW she travels with a company performing stage plays for children 
because she says it combines two of her greatest loves... art and children

It was the perfect full circle moment!


The next day another one of my former students
and her mom came by for...

Marble Painting



The perfect culminating moment to this weekend experience came when
the mom asked her 4 yr. old daughter if she was ready to leave my house 

and

without looking up
without blinking 
without hesitation

she calmly answered...

"NEVER!"

and I smiled
realizing that my life's

work
passion
purpose

is still

and will always be
right here

UP NEXT...

No comments:

Post a Comment