Monday, November 18, 2013

"APFLH" Children's Art Studio- Flavors of Fall (Collages)

I love how Autumn has a way of awakening the senses with
 
the coolness
the crispness
the colors
and smells

the rich flavors that seem to bring back a flood of childhood memories...

My favorite part is being reminded to

slow down
give thanks
and spread joy

spending time with the ones that I love

This November we opened the Children's art studio and invited friends to share their favorites with...

Gratitude Collage Art

Scissors
Child Friendly Magazines
Glue
Paper

Children were prompted with... "what are you thankful for?"
and glued magazine cutouts to create their "Gratitude Collage Art"






I have experienced

so many blessings
so many lessons

that it was impossible to fit them all onto one collage board, but I started with
"I'm thankful for..."
friends
fun
food
home
children
blessings
restorative gifts
the smell of fresh brewed coffee
the gift of humor
music and singing
believing the Bible
my friend. my rock
sandwiches
singing
marriage
bare feet
and I couldn't forget to add that I'm also thankful for me!
What are you thankful for?

(Join us next time as Flavors of Fall continues with... Mosaics)

No comments:

Post a Comment